File Formats

Different File Formats

1. Which file formats discussed have you used in the past?
I have used both of them bevor, at the beginning I could figure out how I edit my photos, in this time period I used JPEG, it just took time and now I only use RAW. I used before GIF and TIFF.

2. What is the difference between a Raster and a Vector file?
Raster graphics are composed of pixels, while vector pictures, such as gif. or jpeg. Is and arrangement of pixels of various colors, which together form an image.

3. Is this format lossy or lossless?tiff, .psd, and either .dng (Canon) or .nef (Nikon)
.JPEG lossy
.TIFF can be both lossy and lossless
.PSD lossless
.DNG lossy
.NEF lossless

4. What are common uses for each? By this I mean where would I publish each of them for the highest quality.
.JPEG good if you want to publish something on a social media platform
.TIFF best to use if you have a digitizing work files to publish
.PSD you should save your photo in psd, if you have many layers of photoshop you should convert together
.DNG can also be jused when you publish something on social media, smaller size
.NEF if you have to work on an presentation

5. Can you create this type of file in your camera?

I can create a JPEG and a RAW file with my camera.

Comments

Popular Posts